Billforward automatically syncs customer data from Square to Billforward once a day.
You can also manually trigger a sync if you made changes to a customer in Square and need the data to be synced immediately.
To manually trigger a sync:
- Visit your Billforward dashboard at app.billforward.net.
- Navigate to Setup > Payment Gateways via the menu.
- Click on Configure Square.
- Click on the Resync button.
- Wait for the checkmark to appear on the button. Your customer data is now synced!
How exactly do different types of data flow between Square and Billforward?
The Billforward-Square integration primarily has a one-way data flow from Billforward to Square.
This means that customers and transactions (along with any other Billforward data that can be represented in Square) will be automatically synced to Square whenever a change is made.
If data is added to Square (e.g. if a transaction is made directly through Square) it will not sync back to Billforward. However, there are two exceptions to this:
- Changes to customer data in Square (including adding a card on file) will sync back
- Refunds made in Square for transactions that were previously made in Billforward will sync back
These two data types are automatically synced back to Billforward once every 24 hours. You can also manually trigger this sync whenever you like using the steps above.