Though the Billforward application and API are in English, your customers may prefer to receive information in a non-English format. For example, a customer in Italy may want to receive their invoices in Italian.
- When creating or updating an account the correspondence language can be set.
- The correspondence language can be changed at any time, for example if a customer decides to receive their invoices in a new language.
- The default correspondence language is English (en-US).
- Languages can be set using either the Billforward UI or via API.
- Correspondence language follow the IETF BCP 47 language tag.
- The current language templates supported are English [en-US], Polish [pl], German [de], French [fr], Czech [cs], Italian [it], Spanish [es].
When editing or creating an account, the language can be set:
When an account is created the correspondenceLanguage can be provided.
# Create an account with language set to Italian
# A PUT can be used to update the correspondence language
curl "https://api-sandbox.billforward.net/v1/accounts" \
-H "Authorization: Bearer INSERT_ACCESS_TOKEN_HERE" \
-H "Content-Type: application/json" \
-X POST \