Flexcheck caters for both subscriptions and one-time payments
In Billforward, a one-time payment is a subscription that lasts long enough to collect a single payment, then ends automatically.
Setting up the plan in Billforward
First, you need to set up a plan in Billforward to take the one-time payment. This plan will last for one billing period, and collect a single payment at the start of that billing period.
The plan should have these features:
- Fixed Term: Under Additional Options, select the Fixed Term checkbox and set the Periods to 1. This means the plan will end automatically after the 1 billing period.
- Invoice Lines: Add a single invoice line of type subscription. This will collect a payment at the start of the billing period. The pricing type is up to you: Flat, Volume, and Tiered will all work.
Note that the Invoice every option makes no difference here, since only one invoice will be created. We recommend setting it to something short, like 1 minute.
If you add an invoice line of type Arrears or Usage, this will not be considered a one-time plan because an additional payment would be taken at the end of the billing period.
Make the plan available in Flexcheck
In Flexcheck, you can set-up the one-off payment by following these steps:
- Open Flexcheck by clicking Flexcheck in Billforward’s menu.
- Navigate to Plans in the left-hand menu.
- Click + Add Plan and choose the plan you created in Billforward.
You can add a description and customize the card as normal.